Here are some guideline about trying on shoes, caring for your shoes, as well as our return/exchange policy.
1. Please try the shoes on a soft clean floor. This allows for the suede bottoms to not get pushed down or dirtied. Ensure you put both shoes on. People's feet generally differ slightly from one to the other, so you need to make sure both feet fit well into the shoes. ANY SHOES WITH WORN OR DIRTY SOLES, THAT HAVE BEEN USED ON A HARD FLOOR, CANNOT BE RETURNED FOR AN EXCHANGE OR A REFUND.
2. Dance shoes are normally worn smaller than your average shoes. You do not want your foot to slide or move in it as you want to feel snug and secure as you dance and move. Think of them like an ice skate where you want them to be quite snug without being in pain. The shoes will stretch as you wear them, so not to worry if they feel a big tight. You want to be able to use your feet, feel the floor, and not feel like your shoes are moving around.
3. Your toes should come right to the tip of the shoe or very close to it. Depending on the style of the toe, rounded or pointed, you need your toes as far towards the tip without them being squished or painful. In open toe shoes, you want your toes again close to the edges or even slightly over the edges of the shoes. Once again, the straps will stretch a bit so if they feel a bit tight realize they will loosen up and your toes may slide a little bit more towards the edge, which is what you want.
4. If you love how the shoes fit on the toes but are a little big in the back, you can easily get some moleskin to line the inside of the heel with. You can also put inner soles inside closed toe shoes if they start to stretch and you feel your feet move around.
5. Heels are measured down the middle to ensure accuracy in height.
How to Measure your feet:
What you will need:
- Two pieces of paper
- A writing utensil
- A ruler
- A friend (recommended, but not essential)
Measuring Your Feet In Three Basic Steps:
Step down on a piece of paper and trace the outline of your foot. Particularly if you have trouble touching your toes, it will be easier if you have a friend present to trace your foot for you.
3. Compare your foot measurements to the measurements on our shoe length chart to find the number that corresponds to your shoe length.
Shoe Length Chart
CARE FOR YOUR SHOES:
Make sure you brush the suede bottoms of your shoes to keep dirt and any build-up off of them. We recommend you brush them regularly, about once a week or every few times you dance in them. If you don't brush your shoes, you will notice they will become slippery and get build up on them, then making it harder to brush and get them back to good condition.
Patent leather shoes will get scuffed up with use and also will stick together when closing your feet, when new. You can use polish or even a silicon oil on them to keep them looking great. You can also polish leather shoes to keep them looking like new.
DO NOT wear your dance shoes outside! Wearing them outside will really scuff up, dirty, and damage the suede bottoms. Please keep them in a bag and change your shoes when in the studio. If you care for them well they will hold up well over time.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES:
We will refund or exchanges shoes if returned within 2 weeks of the date of purchase. This is only allowed if shoes:
1. Have not been damaged or worn on a hard floor.
2. Look like new, so we will be able to resell them.
3. Shoes must be in the original packaging with all items enclosed in the box, such as the shoe bag.
Any custom or altered shoes cannot be returned. If you stoned or dyed your shoes, they cannot be returned. If the shoes are dirty and look used, they cannot be returned.
Do not use the original shoe box to ship them in. Place the original box inside another box to ship (exactly how we sent them to you). If you ship the shoes in the company's shoe box, we will have to replace the latter as it will be damaged during the shipping process. The cost of this box is $10.00, which you will need to cover.
We strongly suggest you return your item with a tracking number to ensure it gets to us. We are not responsible for any lost packages.
To custom order shoes you do not see on our website, please contact us either by phone, email, or in person. All custom orders must be prepaid. Delivery times on these orders vary depending on the brand. Custom ordered shoes can not be returned or exchanged as they cannot be resold.